Weekly Wrapup: The Friday, Bitch I'mma Put You To Work
Verbal exchange of the week: Last night at Taste The Nations charity event at the Ritz Carlton on Key Biscayne, toward the end of the event, 9:43 p.m., I approach Chef Cindy Hutson of Ortanique, she's slidin' off the wine in her drinkin' glass. I mumble something about shooting the kitchen of her restaurant:
Cindy: Do you cook?
Cindy: Bitch, I'mma put you to work.
Here's what you may have missed last week:
- Behind The Line at Mahogany Grille award winning neo-classic soul kitchen in pictures.
- Stick a fork in Table 8 on South Beach, they're Chapter 7 liquidation done for.
- Food news breakdown from Lee Klein openings from the beach to the river.
- North One 10 is for sale, holler at firstname.lastname@example.org for lease terms.
- Key Largo Food and Wine Fest kicks off today at 4 p.m. at Tradewinds Liquors.
- Plato Royal hotel brunch Sunday food fight Biltmore vs. Four Seasons.
- Like Chipotle? You may be eating slavegrown tomatoes. They don't care.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.