Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Slice
Stay tuned, next week Short Order goes Behind The Line at Ortanique On The Mile.
Did you know that Cindy Hutson had never worked in a kitchen or cooked professionally when she opened her first restaurant? Get the whole story next week, when Short Order goes Behind The Line at Ortanique On The Mile. Here's what you might have missed from us over the past week.
- Jose Antonio Ortega Bonet, the founder of Sazón Goya, died. So did FIU professor Marcel Escoffier.
- A South Beach bartender gets the big nod for his Garden Sour Hour from Bombay Gin in Vegas.
- Have you ever had a "Jesus Was A Mexican?" Check out our Top 5 tequila drinks.
- Michelle Bernstein can't stop, won't stop.
- Fish Called Avalon's industry night starts Monday. Fifty percent off, everything must go.
- Jaguar's people bring Talavera Mexicana to Coral Gables. What you know about huitlacoche crepes? Hint -- it's corn fungus.
- Daniel Serfer, recent five-year chef de cuisine at Chef Allen's, takes over his own kitchen.
- What's the big idea at Ideas? New chef.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.