If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Did you know that Cindy Hutson had never worked in a kitchen or cooked professionally when she opened her first restaurant? Get the whole story next week, when Short Order goes Behind The Line at Ortanique On The Mile. Here's what you might have missed from us over the past week.
- Jose Antonio Ortega Bonet, the founder of Sazón Goya, died. So did FIU professor Marcel Escoffier.
- A South Beach bartender gets the big nod for his Garden Sour Hour from Bombay Gin in Vegas.
- Have you ever had a "Jesus Was A Mexican?" Check out our Top 5 tequila drinks.
- Michelle Bernstein can't stop, won't stop.
- Fish Called Avalon's industry night starts Monday. Fifty percent off, everything must go.
- Jaguar's people bring Talavera Mexicana to Coral Gables. What you know about huitlacoche crepes? Hint -- it's corn fungus.
- Daniel Serfer, recent five-year chef de cuisine at Chef Allen's, takes over his own kitchen.
- What's the big idea at Ideas? New chef.