Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Machine
Stay tuned...next week Short Order goes Behind The Line at Waxy's on the River.
In the future we'd like to see a pizza vending machine that lets you order pies through your cell phone. When you dial the number and your payment goes through the machine activates its pizza software and delivers you a hot one in 7 minutes or less. When that happens, we're getting one. Until then, here's what you might have missed from us this week.
- Open her up and drink Marilyn Merlot.
- Will the wait staff talk like everybody on Family Guy when they bring you Quahog chowder at upcoming Cape Cod Room? Mmmm...that smells nice.
- Make your own orange gazpacho with crunchy vegetable salad and grilled garlic ciabatta bread, just follow the recipe.
- Respect your drive-thru server, or they might give you a spit shake.
- Will that burger kill you? Does it make you mad when people talk bad about burgers? Did your burger eat grass?
- Get your sandwich on at two neighborhood joints that make em' right.
- Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Miami....are you ready to Guac?
- News and Notes Short Order style.
- Low on cash, drunk, and hungry? Top 10 things you're probably gonna eat.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Downtown Bistro: A Miami Spice Dinner You Don't Want to Miss (Photos)
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Dragonfly Restaurant to Open in Downtown Doral
- Ten Best Restaurants in Hialeah