Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Inevitable
Stay tuned. Next week Short Order goes Behind The Line at MIA at Biscayne.
Did you know that there's a Miami Police Department Café...and that back in 08' they caught a restaurant inspection violation for "identity of food product misrepresented?". According to WPLG10 it was for mislabeled fish. Something funny about that. Here's what you might have missed this week:
- Jackie Sayet goes in on the Kobe controversy. Are restaurants violating "truth in menu" for the sake of designer meat labels?
- Paradise Farms now growing oyster mushrooms, and serving lunch on Sundays.
- Short Order takes a midnight ride across the Tamiami Trail on Labor Day. In Immokalee migrant farm workers wait for the work bus.
- This week's New Times restaurant review, Sang's Chinese Food, live from The Critic.
- Sick of ceviche? Going to a Peruvian joint? Here are six other plates to try.
- The Allen Bros. walk into a bar. Ouch. Then they put out a new catalog.
- Twenty-four hour French bistro in South Beach? Not without liquor.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.