Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Inevitable
Stay tuned. Next week Short Order goes Behind The Line at MIA at Biscayne.
Did you know that there's a Miami Police Department Café...and that back in 08' they caught a restaurant inspection violation for "identity of food product misrepresented?". According to WPLG10 it was for mislabeled fish. Something funny about that. Here's what you might have missed this week:
- Jackie Sayet goes in on the Kobe controversy. Are restaurants violating "truth in menu" for the sake of designer meat labels?
- Paradise Farms now growing oyster mushrooms, and serving lunch on Sundays.
- Short Order takes a midnight ride across the Tamiami Trail on Labor Day. In Immokalee migrant farm workers wait for the work bus.
- This week's New Times restaurant review, Sang's Chinese Food, live from The Critic.
- Sick of ceviche? Going to a Peruvian joint? Here are six other plates to try.
- The Allen Bros. walk into a bar. Ouch. Then they put out a new catalog.
- Twenty-four hour French bistro in South Beach? Not without liquor.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall