Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Civic Duty, and We Don't Mean Your Honda
Food. Money. Politics. Mayor. Commissioners. The Public. Our Government. Taxes. Pay Cuts. Pink Slips. Raises. Makes you wanna drink. Don't get too caught up in your own movie. The next public budget hearing is September 17th at the Government Center metro rail station Downtown. We recommend you check it out. Here's what you might have missed over the last week on Short Order.
- Draft beer floats. Yes, that means beer and ice cream in a pint glass. Find out what to pair it with for "the definitive upscale stoner meal."
- Jewish Deli expert puts Jerry's Deli of South Beach on smash, sings praises of Boca and Delray, and finds Rascal House hard to swallow.
- Restaurant Week at Dolphin Mall doesn't include a food court festivus for the rest of us.
- Miami ranks 9th on a list of places where people like wiener meat in their buns.
- Jackfruit is to pussy as Shaq is to chihuahua.
- Exclusive local restaurant news roundup, openings and events, from Short Order.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.