Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Chispa
Kitchen, spoon, plates.
Some broke American alcoholics drink "pink ladies," canned sterno filtered through a piece of bread or an old sock. It can get you drunk, and it can kill you. Cuba's version is called "chispa de tren," so named for the hallucinations it causes that resemble the sparks made between a train's wheels and the track. Learn how it's made in our Top 5 Latin American drinks post below. Here's what else you might have missed this week.
- Crackerman's organic German style spiced bread giveaway brand naming contest.
- Winos and wine pros at the Miami International Wine Fair.
- Chefs Club goes tailgate at BLT Steak for Monday Night Football.
- Beer gets mixed with ice cream, berries, tequila, and more. Can you handle it?
- Fire water, grape brandy, brazilian pinga, train spark, and corn shine. Find out what makes these the top 5 Latin American drinks.
- Dolphans stand up! Anthony's Coal Fired club seat, parking pass, and tailgate food for 10 giveaway.
- Free burritos at new Hialeah Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- Behind The Line at Ortanique on the Mile, kitchen pictures.
- The end of Miami Spice at Sra. Martinez in pictures.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- J. Wakefield Brewing Anniversary Party: Wakestock Features 70 Rare Beers
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Five Best Places to Eat at the Miami International Boat Show
- The Salty Donut Is Popping Up in South Beach This Weekend