Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Carnita
It worked in L.A. with Mexican/Korean food, so when is somebody down here gonna open a Caribbean taco shop? We're talkin' jerk pork with pickled cabbage and sweet plantain. Or how 'bout fried goat chunks and Honduran farm cheese. Here's what you might have missed this week:
- Where it at? Carrilleras de Ternera. Only 22 hours for a right answer.
- MasterChef casting at Whole Foods in Coral Gables.
- February 11, China Grill caters New Times' Artopia party.
- Of Talula, South Beach, and opinions are like assholes.
- Plato Royale, chicken fight, mustard curry sauce, Chicken Kitchen vs. Chik-n-Grill.
- Eric Ripert video interview.
- Eat good, support Big Haiti. Try Little Haiti's USA Carwash Restaurant.
- Get a job. New Times is looking for food bloggers.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Choices Coconut Grove Opens This Weekend, Fifth Location Planned for Weston
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Miami Asian Fruit Fly Quarantine to Be Lifted This Weekend
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Boat Show, Valentine's Day, Grove Arts Festival