Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Carnita
It worked in L.A. with Mexican/Korean food, so when is somebody down here gonna open a Caribbean taco shop? We're talkin' jerk pork with pickled cabbage and sweet plantain. Or how 'bout fried goat chunks and Honduran farm cheese. Here's what you might have missed this week:
- Where it at? Carrilleras de Ternera. Only 22 hours for a right answer.
- MasterChef casting at Whole Foods in Coral Gables.
- February 11, China Grill caters New Times' Artopia party.
- Of Talula, South Beach, and opinions are like assholes.
- Plato Royale, chicken fight, mustard curry sauce, Chicken Kitchen vs. Chik-n-Grill.
- Eric Ripert video interview.
- Eat good, support Big Haiti. Try Little Haiti's USA Carwash Restaurant.
- Get a job. New Times is looking for food bloggers.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
More Food & Drink News
- Rachael Ray's Okay: Stop Hating on Food Network Stars
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Jodi’s Italian Ice, Family-Owned Italian Ice Shop, to Open Late October
- GK Bistronomie Opens Friday: Traditional Peruvian Gets a Modern Twist in Wynwood