Weekend Blog Watch: Burger Machine, Opa!, Chef Allen, Dim Sum, Cheese, and Palm Trees
Anybody feel Hurricane Ida roiling through the Ocean last night? Hurricane season is not over folks, stay prepared. Here are some recent local posts from throughout the food community.
- Ever wish your fast food was faster, less personal? Go to Japan. [BurgerBeast]
- Blogger claims best burger in South Florida can be found in Aventura. [Chowfather]
- Go Greek on the Upper East Side for old style cooking that'll make you say Opa! [FoodForThought]
- Chef Allen 2 Go to open in the Ft. Lauderdale airport. [DineMag]
- Fast food style dim sum on Bird Road served all day every day. [EatLocal]
- Check out a message board for organic, grass fed, pastured, wild, unprocesed, tropical, whole, natural foods. [MiamiRealFood]
- Local farm documents their heirloom tomato planting, check it out, take notes. [RedlandRambles]
- Hey, Martha Stewart, you old ass-backwards, prison bologna eating aristocrat! Florida does have its own artisan cheese. [EatingLocalInTheTropics]
- A local-food Miami social network. [LocalFoodMiami]
- A very cool post on harvesting hearts of palm and making kimchee and slaw out of it. [BeeHeaven]
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.