Wall's Old Fashioned Ice Cream: Try Something Sweet Friday Night
Looking for something sweet this weekend?
Check out Wall's Old Fashioned Ice Cream down south on Ludlam Road, where
traditional flavors such as cookies 'n' cream and nutty, bright green
pistachio are all churned to tantalizing perfection.
And speaking of
enticing; the mamey flavor has been known to taste a little like
sushi and one spoonful of cinnamon ice cream can feel like you're
shoveling an entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch into your mouth. Get
a scoop (a small costs $2.99) or two in one of their waffle cones -
preferably the one dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with Nerds candy
- and take a seat at one of the red umbrella-adorned outdoor tables
where you can watch an episode of I
Love Lucy on the boob tube, mounted
into the exterior wall of the shop. It's surrounded by painted muscle
cars that give the illusion of a tiny drive-in movie screen. Talk about
an American classic! Indeed, it's such a classic, that we named it Best of Miami in 2003. This year's edition is coming in June.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall