Video: Best Frita on Calle Ocho? Ask The Burger Beast
The gang of four who piled into Beast's mom's minivan included myself,
first amendment blogger Carlos Miller, and Burger Beast cohort Nelson.
We visited three Calle Ocho landmarks:
- La Palma (6091 SW 8th Street) - the 24 hour since 1979 place we gave Best Croquetas to this year.
- El Mago De Las Fritas (5828 SW 8th Street) - Celebrating its 25th anniversary at the same location with the same phone number this September, El Mago is literally the lesser known cousin (if not by blood then by virtue of the fact that he helped open the original til an unnamed fallout with the owner) of El Rey.
- El Rey De Las Fritas (1821 SW 8th Street) - A clean, well-lighted place to enjoy a frita in the heart of Little Havana.
It is Short Order's contention that the best fritas were served at El Mago. So confident were we of this assertion that we doubled up our order there and skipped out on El Rey. Root for the underdog. Check out Burger Beast's blog about the day here.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Velvet Creme Doughnuts Opening in Miami Shores, Not Little River
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Week: Chinese New Year, Mardi Gras, and Crawdaddy...
- Pincho Factory Opening in Hialeah Next Week: Locations in Brickell, Midtown Miami,...