Last time we had a beer dinner it consisted of a malt liquor tall can and a bag of chips in a parking lot downtown. Little did we know that the Urbanite Bistro (62 NE 14 Street, Miami) is doing a better version of the same thing starting Friday, November 20 with their newly launched monthly beer dinners.
Next Friday's meal will combine six courses of Urbanite's "eclectic bistro fare" with craft beer pairings. The night is hosted by Chris Montelius of South Florida's Fresh Beer. Cost is $35 (plus tax and tip) and starts at 8:30 p.m. Seating is limited and guests must reserve their spot by Wednesday, November 18. Here's the menu:
- Course I - Woodpecker Pear Cider with Wild Mushroom Empanadas (vegan-white truffle gravy)
- Course II - Ayinger Hefe Weizen with Wild Mussels (lemon grass broth with a touch of Thai red curry)
- Course III - Victory Pilsner with Alligator Egg Rolls (roasted mango and jalapeno crème)
- Course IV - Victory Smoking King Stout with Moroccan Lamb Sliders (tomato, harissa mayo and tabbouleh)
- Course V - Rogue Chocolate Stout with Natural Short Rib (braised vegetables and roasted garlic mashed potatoes)
- Dessert - Seadog Wild Blueberry with Pear Cobbler
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Log on to urbanitebistro.com for more info.