Top Ten Alleged Health Benefits of Lychees - Buy Local, Support Dade County Lychee Growers
Lychee, lychee, they're good for your self; the more you eat 'em the better your health. The better your health the better you feel, so eat some lychee with every meal.
- Prevents growth of cancer cells. [HealthMad]
- Lowers risk of heart attack. [LycheesOnline]
- Enhances feelings of well-being. [ILoveIndia]
- Helps fight colds and sore throat. [AssociatedContent]
- Helps with weight loss. [ifood]
- Protects against ulcers [ImportFood]. But be careful -- it also might cause them [Examiner]
- Is a source of "bowel-regulating fiber." [Yahoo]
- Is high in copper, whatever that means. [Great-Workout]
- Might be "particularly good for gastrointestinal health." [Ayushveda]
- Might be an aphrodisiac. [Yelp]
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.