Top Five Wines at Total Wine For $9.99
A $9.99 winner, Vecordia Ribera del Duero Joven
Carefully navigating the aisles at the immense stadium of booze that is Total Wine in North Miami and Pinecrest, you'll find a wide array of ups and downs cost wise, with a few well priced gems just waiting for you. If you search for those special selections, there is no need to overspend when drinking and dining at home.
It is always good idea to seek out anything with a high rating from Wine Spectator or other professional source of vino-driven information. Want a cheat sheet? Here's our top five cheap wines, ranging from bubbly to rosé; and all of them are $9.99.
5. Vecordia Ribera del Duero Joven
A tempranillo blend, this young Spanish red is medium bodied with fruity flavors of cherry and blackberry.
4. Castano Yecla Monastrell Rosado 2010
A nice rose for hot, sticky days, don't let the bright pink color deter you; this wine is dry, not one of those sweet talkers.
3. Francois Montand Blanc de Blanc
This sparkly wine is made in the same style as champagne, and does hail from France. It's semi-dry and tastes like apples and honey, only fizzy.
2. Chateau Belingard Bergerac Blanc 2010
A sauvignon blanc blend, this isn't a bold white, more of an easy drinking wine, with floral and citrus notes.
1. Chateau Bois Redon Bordeaux Superieur 2009
Food friendly, this red wine mimics more expensive wines from the region. Wine Spectator gave it 88 points, and we give it our gold star as well.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Tongue & Cheek Closes Sunday, Jamie DeRosa Planning Downtown Eatery
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Broken Shaker Ranked Number 14 of World's 50 Best Bars
- Bulla's Brunch Offers a Taste Spain in Coral Gables With a Medley Tapas and Sweets