Top 10 Ways To Eat an Overfished Species: Red Snapper
The Federales have deemed the Atlantic coast's red snapper population overfished.
January 4, regulations went in place to outlaw angling for them.
The government says that red snapper populations are at 3 percent of what they were 60 years ago.
Many fishermen say that's bogus intel, and question the tabulation methods used.
We're on the snappers' side, cause that's how we like em', over some rice, cajun blackened with some lime.
Here are ten more ways to eat a red snapper, and here's to hoping they're out in the Atlantic right now, fucking like wild, umm, fish, cause damn they taste good, and we'd like to see them stay on the planet's menu.
10. Sauteed in pan with butter, garlic, salt, and pepper.
9. Oven baked in parchment paper pouch with white wine, olive oil, fresh lemon.
8. Red snapper curry.
7. Pan fried filets in seasoned flour.
6. Fish Tacos with cilantro and habanero papaya salsa.
5. Whole fried Caribbean style.
4. Red snapper ceviche with grouper (also overfished) conch, and rock shrimp, Chef Allen style.
3. Red snapper sushi, cooked skin, raw fish.
2. With pasta in red sauce.
1. Grilled naked, add salt and lime.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.