Top 10 Miami Food Crime Headlines of the Decade
Miami has carried the illustrious distinction of a town wide open for stealing, killing and dope dealing ever since the first pirates first sailed through, stopped for a beer, and never left.
Those who stayed saw that there's money in food and so they opened stores, bars, and restaurants.
They made a killing.
Other pirates took note and started robbing them.
Thus began a cycle that continues to this day.
The past ten years have seen an active food-crime scene, and the proof is in the headlines.
Here are our top 10 Miami Food Crime Headlines of the Decade. Click each one for a link to the article, though some are just abstracts that require payment for full viewing.
7. Miami Spice Maker Again Recalls Paprika - 2001
6. Miami Cracks Down on Risque Cafeterias - 2003
5. Blows Traded Over Food - 2004
2. Ex-Con Raps for McDonald's - 2009
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Broadway, Beer, and Christmas
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Tamarina Debuts Brunch: All-You-Can-Eat Oysters, Pasta, and Pancakes
- Best Quick and Easy Restaurants for Art Basel 2015