Top 10 Crazy Pancakes From Our Worldwide Pancake Tour
Culinary Specialist Seaman Apprentice Henry Kennedy, from Opelousas, La., prepares eggs as pancakes cook on the grill aboard the Los Angeles-class attack submarine USS Albany
We love pancakes, Yes we do
Every day we eat a few
When we don't, we might get sick
So here's a pancake list right quick.
10. Bacon Pancakes - Original Pancake House - Chicago
A plate full of these and you'll be giving a whole new meaning to the Windy City.
8. Homemade Swedish Pancakes
7. Ukrainian Potato Pancakes -
These onion, potato, salt, pepper, and sour cream pancakes are a tradition in Ukrainian culture.
6. Korean Pancakes -
5. Scottish Pancake and Crumpet -
4. Dutch Pancake from The Netherlands -
This pancake is made with bacon and onions and "smothered in Gouda cheese."
It is called a pannekoek, and beer is sometimes added to the batter to help it rise. These pancakes are large and skinny compared to American pancakes.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- First-Ever Taste of Tennis: Miami Open Stars Get "Served"
- Vagabond's Sunday Brunch: Trout Lox, Alex Chang, and the Jersey Squirrel
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...