Fourteenth street between Overtown and the Arsht is full of wild game: zombified crackheads, worse for wear working-girls, artists, musicians, promoters, creatives, thugs, drugs, and po nine.
Now, with Urbanite Bistro in the mix, we can add the literal interpretation: animals hunted for food, not domestication, according to Wikipedia.
Urbanite Bistro (62 NE 14 St., Miami) is a new restaurant in the heart of Downtown Miami's late night district, blocks from Space and a stone's throw from Vagabond. According to their website "the menu showcases all natural meats, game, and indigenous fish."
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Find out exactly what that means tonight when Dine Magazine hosts a wine and tasting menu event from 6 - 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 advance, and $15 at the door. That's right, tonight this restaurant has a cover charge.
Here's the menu.
- Pork & Shrimp Savories with Ginger-Scallion Tamari dip
- Wild Mushroom Empanadas with Truffle Gravy dip
- Shrimp Corn Dogs with Mango Ketchup & Chinese Mustard dips
- Lemon Grass & Red Curry Mussels on Chinese Soup Spoons
- Alligator Egg Roll bites with Mango & Roasted Jalapeno Crème