Tonight at Urbanite Bistro: Wine, Dine, and Gator Meat
Fourteenth street between Overtown and the Arsht is full of wild game: zombified crackheads, worse for wear working-girls, artists, musicians, promoters, creatives, thugs, drugs, and po nine.
Now, with Urbanite Bistro in the mix, we can add the literal interpretation: animals hunted for food, not domestication, according to Wikipedia.
Urbanite Bistro (62 NE 14 St., Miami) is a new restaurant in the heart of Downtown Miami's late night district, blocks from Space and a stone's throw from Vagabond. According to their website "the menu showcases all natural meats, game, and indigenous fish."
Find out exactly what that means tonight when Dine Magazine hosts a wine and tasting menu event from 6 - 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 advance, and $15 at the door. That's right, tonight this restaurant has a cover charge.
Here's the menu.
- Pork & Shrimp Savories with Ginger-Scallion Tamari dip
- Wild Mushroom Empanadas with Truffle Gravy dip
- Shrimp Corn Dogs with Mango Ketchup & Chinese Mustard dips
- Lemon Grass & Red Curry Mussels on Chinese Soup Spoons
- Alligator Egg Roll bites with Mango & Roasted Jalapeno Crème
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Tongue & Cheek Closes Sunday, Jamie DeRosa Planning Downtown Eatery
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Broken Shaker Ranked Number 14 of World's 50 Best Bars
- Bulla's Brunch Offers a Taste Spain in Coral Gables With a Medley Tapas and Sweets