Tonight at Urbanite Bistro: Wine, Dine, and Gator Meat
Fourteenth street between Overtown and the Arsht is full of wild game: zombified crackheads, worse for wear working-girls, artists, musicians, promoters, creatives, thugs, drugs, and po nine.
Now, with Urbanite Bistro in the mix, we can add the literal interpretation: animals hunted for food, not domestication, according to Wikipedia.
Urbanite Bistro (62 NE 14 St., Miami) is a new restaurant in the heart of Downtown Miami's late night district, blocks from Space and a stone's throw from Vagabond. According to their website "the menu showcases all natural meats, game, and indigenous fish."
Find out exactly what that means tonight when Dine Magazine hosts a wine and tasting menu event from 6 - 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 advance, and $15 at the door. That's right, tonight this restaurant has a cover charge.
Here's the menu.
- Pork & Shrimp Savories with Ginger-Scallion Tamari dip
- Wild Mushroom Empanadas with Truffle Gravy dip
- Shrimp Corn Dogs with Mango Ketchup & Chinese Mustard dips
- Lemon Grass & Red Curry Mussels on Chinese Soup Spoons
- Alligator Egg Roll bites with Mango & Roasted Jalapeno Crème
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall