Tomorrow: World of Beer Tuesday Yappy Hour, Bring Your Dog, Get $1 Off "Dog" Beers
From Affenpinscher to Yorkshire Terrier, dogs can offer so much more than companionship, For instance, there's the $1 off dog-related beers at World of Beer in Dadeland during their Tuesday Yappy Hour when you bring your dog with you.
Dog-related beers are any that have the word "dog" -- or a dog related term -- in their names. These include at least 14 different styles of beer, more or less.
Don't count on serving your mutt a frosty one, though. He might not be of age. But World of Beer has you covered. As part of the happy hour, WOB is offering doggy treats and dog bowls of water to your canine companion.
Slash a dollar off a Sea Dog Blue Paw Blueberry Wheat Ale, which normally sells for $5.99 a pint (tax included). Instead put that dollar towards a tip for your friendly bartender -- or maye his canine buddy.
There is a beer by the name of St. Bernardus, but it doesn't count, even though a St. Bernard is a breed of dog.
The happy hour lasts all day. A dog day afternoon wouldn't feel right without a cold beer and Cujo by your side.
Dogs must be kept on a leash. But don't bring your pit bull, they are illegal in Dade County.
Self-proclaimed "world's greatest bartender" Ali Sbitani, 24, and WOB bartender has seen some crazy stuff during Yappy Hour. Customers often try to feed beer to their dogs, he says.
World of Beer is a Tampa-based restaurant with 21 locations in Florida, including Dadeland, which is the newest. It has a selection of more than 500 bottled beers from around the world and 50 taps with 40 of them rotating.
Another location is scheduled to open in Kendall in the next six months.
If you don't have a dog, you can still join the party. For $15, you can become a member of the loyalty card program and you get two free draft beers and a free WOB koozie.
Any purchase of a unique beer is counted as a point on the loyalty card and when you reach 500, WOB throws you a party with a $250 bar tab. On Tuesdays, loyalty card members receive one dollar off on all bottles, from open to close.
Here is a current list of the beers available for Yappy Hour:
- Flying Dog Old Scratch
- Dogfish Head Indian Brown
- Abita Turbodog
- Flying Dog In Heat Wheat
- Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
- Stoudt's Fat Dog Imperial Oatmeal Stout
- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
- Flying Dog Snake Dog
- Lagunitas Dogtown Pale Ale
- Flying Dog Doggiestyle Classic Pale Ale
- Dogfish Head Chicory Stout
- Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre
- Seadog Blue Paw Blueberry Wheat Ale
- Dogfish Head Red and White
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall