Tomorrow: World of Beer in Dadeland Raises Money for Cystic Fibrosis
Partnering with Cigar City Brewing in Tampa for "The Road to Hunahpu" event, WOB is bringing a list of CCB special release and flagship brews and raffling off a bunch of prizes. For every Cigar City beer purchased, a customer gets one ticket to the raffle. Tickets will also be sold individually for $1 a piece.
One hundred percent of the proceeds will be donated to the foundation. A special CCB keg will also be available in the WOB tent outside, and all profits from this keg will be donated to the foundation.
The tap list:
- Jai Alai IPA
- Florida Cracker White
- Maduro Brown
- Hotter Than Helles
- Cafe con Leche Stout NITRO
- Patio Tools Irish Stout NITRO
- Cubano Espresso
- Invasion Pale Ale
- Josh Brengle's Pilsner
- Django Friday Saison
- Hopped on the High Seas: Hop #529
- Blueberry Muffin Brown Ale (Loyalty Members ONLY)
- Stiftung Berliner
- New Belgium/CCB Collaboration
- Jose Marti Porter
- Warmer Winter Winter Warmer 2013
In addition to the aforementioned taps, four special releases (to be announced) will also be available. A bottle of 2012 Cigar City's Hunahpu Imperial Stout will also be raffled off. The keg of Cigar City Blueberry Muffin Brown Ale will tapped at 7 p.m. for loyalty members only.
Food trucks will be available: Ms. Cheezious and Dim Ssam A Go Go will be parked in front of WOB from 6 to 10 p.m.
As many beer geeks know, Hunahpu's Day is March 8. It is one of Florida's biggest beer events, so consider this a primer.
Cystic fibrosis is a debilitating genetic disease that affects the lungs and parts of the digestive tract, causing thick secretions that block the airways to the lungs.
But you can help its victims by drinking several pints of Cigar City beer at WOB-Dadeland tomorrow. The benefit runs all day.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall