The Weekly Wrapup: Noisy SunChips Bags and Rare Bananas
This week in Short Order:
- Are those SunChips bags really that noisy?
Chef Paula Da Silva talks about her new job at 1500° Restaurant
- Who has the best bandeja paisa?
- David New of Ability Explosion talks madeleines and dining in the dark.
- Food-writing luminaries are headed to Key West in January, and you can be a part of it.
- Customizable vending-machine foods.
- Immokalee Workers win money for farm laborers.
- Don't bring chopsticks near Chow Down Grill's Joshua Marcus.
- September's Miami restaurant openings and closings.
- Slow Food Miami works to preserve the rare hua moa plantain.
- Contrary to rumors, Norman Van Aken has not left Norman's 180.
- Gonzalo Rivera, however, is moving from La Marea to the Waldorf Astoria's Boca Raton Resort.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- August 2015's Miami Restaurant Openings and Closings
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Downtown's Havana Pizza Slings Ropa Vieja on Plantain Crusts
- Culinary Incubator Pops Up at Wynwood Yard