The Weekly Wrapup: Noisy SunChips Bags and Rare Bananas
This week in Short Order:
- Are those SunChips bags really that noisy?
Chef Paula Da Silva talks about her new job at 1500° Restaurant
- Who has the best bandeja paisa?
- David New of Ability Explosion talks madeleines and dining in the dark.
- Food-writing luminaries are headed to Key West in January, and you can be a part of it.
- Customizable vending-machine foods.
- Immokalee Workers win money for farm laborers.
- Don't bring chopsticks near Chow Down Grill's Joshua Marcus.
- September's Miami restaurant openings and closings.
- Slow Food Miami works to preserve the rare hua moa plantain.
- Contrary to rumors, Norman Van Aken has not left Norman's 180.
- Gonzalo Rivera, however, is moving from La Marea to the Waldorf Astoria's Boca Raton Resort.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.