The Weekly Wrap-Up: New Restaurants, Mexican Coke and Russian Bears
Stay warm while you read what you may have missed this week in Short Order.
- Looking for Filipino food? Pamanguena offers groceries, take-out and catering.
- The bar at Town Kitchen & Bar could make some improvements.
- Where to find the best budget dim sum in Miami.
- Which restaurants closed? Which opened? All in our October roll call.
- Almost three months after its promised opening date, American Noodle Bar is now in business.
- Airplane food mostly sucks but sometimes a man has to eat. Who has the better airline cheese plate?
- Mexican Coke is better because it's made with real sugar, the claim goes. Is it really better?
- Call to those with cooking skills and a fondness for taking abuse: Hell's Kitchen is casting in Miami next week.
- Is $32 too much for a steak tartare?
- Escopazzo has something for vegans. Also, our top 5 vegan restaurants.
- News flash: Russian bears like a protein-high diet.
- Front Porch Cafe is moving in December.
- Meet the man behind Garcia's Seafood.
- Meat Market pastry chef Vincent Pantolian likes to play with sugar.
- Farmer's markets are back in season starting with Pinecrest Gardens Farmer's Market, which opens Sunday.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall