The Weekly Wrap-Up: New Restaurants, Mexican Coke and Russian Bears
Stay warm while you read what you may have missed this week in Short Order.
- Looking for Filipino food? Pamanguena offers groceries, take-out and catering.
- The bar at Town Kitchen & Bar could make some improvements.
- Where to find the best budget dim sum in Miami.
- Which restaurants closed? Which opened? All in our October roll call.
- Almost three months after its promised opening date, American Noodle Bar is now in business.
- Airplane food mostly sucks but sometimes a man has to eat. Who has the better airline cheese plate?
- Mexican Coke is better because it's made with real sugar, the claim goes. Is it really better?
- Call to those with cooking skills and a fondness for taking abuse: Hell's Kitchen is casting in Miami next week.
- Is $32 too much for a steak tartare?
- Escopazzo has something for vegans. Also, our top 5 vegan restaurants.
- News flash: Russian bears like a protein-high diet.
- Front Porch Cafe is moving in December.
- Meet the man behind Garcia's Seafood.
- Meat Market pastry chef Vincent Pantolian likes to play with sugar.
- Farmer's markets are back in season starting with Pinecrest Gardens Farmer's Market, which opens Sunday.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Wynwood Farmers Market Showcases Local Startups
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Ralph Pagano's Naked Tiki Opens Today
- Miami-Based Jarly Delivers Fresh-Baked Pastries to Your Doorstep