The Weekly Wrap-Up: New Restaurants, Mexican Coke and Russian Bears
Stay warm while you read what you may have missed this week in Short Order.
- Looking for Filipino food? Pamanguena offers groceries, take-out and catering.
- The bar at Town Kitchen & Bar could make some improvements.
- Where to find the best budget dim sum in Miami.
- Which restaurants closed? Which opened? All in our October roll call.
- Almost three months after its promised opening date, American Noodle Bar is now in business.
- Airplane food mostly sucks but sometimes a man has to eat. Who has the better airline cheese plate?
- Mexican Coke is better because it's made with real sugar, the claim goes. Is it really better?
- Call to those with cooking skills and a fondness for taking abuse: Hell's Kitchen is casting in Miami next week.
- Is $32 too much for a steak tartare?
- Escopazzo has something for vegans. Also, our top 5 vegan restaurants.
- News flash: Russian bears like a protein-high diet.
- Front Porch Cafe is moving in December.
- Meet the man behind Garcia's Seafood.
- Meat Market pastry chef Vincent Pantolian likes to play with sugar.
- Farmer's markets are back in season starting with Pinecrest Gardens Farmer's Market, which opens Sunday.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Fireman Derek's Five Steps to the Perfect Pie for Thanksgiving
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Thanksgiving 2015: Guide to Restaurant Dinners in Miami
- World-Famous Alinea Popping Up in Miami Beach in February, Tickets on Sale December 2