The Villa by Barton G. Is Changing Chefs
The outdoor patio will remain the same.
Short Order has learned that The Villa by Barton G. is in the process of changing executive chefs. This means chef Justin Albertson is out, his sous chef has temporarily taken over, and a new top toque will be in tow "within the next few weeks," according to a Barton G. spokesperson.
We're not crazy about this move for two reasons:
1. Next week's restaurant review will feature the Villa by Barton G. and was written while Albertson was in charge. Things now will surely change (although for the time being, we are assured the sous chef has all of the recipes).
2. I thought Albertson's menu was smartly conceived and beautifully executed. Circumstances behind his departure are unknown, but it sure isn't for lack of talent.
Stay tuned; we'll let you know when the incoming chef is named.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Broadway, Beer, and Christmas
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Tamarina Debuts Brunch: All-You-Can-Eat Oysters, Pasta, and Pancakes
- Best Quick and Easy Restaurants for Art Basel 2015