The Inspector: Stop Sales, Contaminations, False Advertising, Rodents, and Roaches
Ever had a termite sandwich? The bread's hard as wood and when you get done there are insect legs stuck in the cracks between your teeth. Here at Short Order we don't wanna see that happen to anyone, unless that's what you ordered. Here's a roundup of recent violations from the world of Dade County routine restaurant inspections. Click each restaurant name for the full report
- The Oasis Restaurant (19 Harbor Drive, Key Biscayne) - Critical. Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous food due to temperature abuse (see Stop Sale Notice).
- China Steak 1214 W 68 St, Hialeah - Critical. Stop Sale issued due to CONTAMINATION of food product. (COOKED CHICKEN STORED ON TOP OF EGG CARTONS)
Casa Cani Restaurant (925 SW 87 Ave) - Critical. Identity of food or food
product misrepresented. MENU ADVERTISING GROUPER, CHEF CLAIMS BASA IS
AVAILABLE AND IS BEING OFFERED AS FISH SPECIAL. NOWHERE IN
ESTABLISHMENT SHOWS "FISH ON SPECIAL" OFFERED AS CHEF SUGGESTED.
OPERATOR/CHEF CANNOT PROVIDE PROOF OF GROUPER INVOICE.
- Georges (3145 Commodore Plaza, Miami) - Critical. Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous food due to temperature abuse (see Stop Sale Notice).
- Good Way Cafeteria (10932 NW 7 Ave) - Critical. Observed rodent activity as evidenced by rodent droppings found. 30 PLUS FRESH DROPPINGS UNDER TABLE IN KITCHEN.
Casa Panza (1620 SW 8 St, Miami) - Critical. Observed rodent activity as
evidenced by rodent droppings found. oberved about 30 + shiny and moist
dropping on floor behind coffee worktable.and about 25+ on floor behind
stove in kitchen , and about 10+ in floor in bar area back dining room.
fresh and moise.
San Miguel Market Cafeteria (2600 NW 21st Ave) - Critical. Violation: 35A-05-1
Observed roach activity as evidenced by 32 plus live roaches found in
kitchen by the cookline. 3 live roaches behind reachin freezer next to
steam table, 2 live roaches inside ice bin, 2 live roaches inside to go
cup box by bathroom.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Broadway, Beer, and Christmas
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Tamarina Debuts Brunch: All-You-Can-Eat Oysters, Pasta, and Pancakes
- Best Quick and Easy Restaurants for Art Basel 2015