The Bruery Tap Takeover at the Abbey Brewing Company Tomorrow
The Abbey calls it one of the "greatest" tap takeovers of the year, but come on, it's only February and the brewing company itself makes some pretty darn good Belgian beer. But in the beer world it's only natural to honor your guests. The takeover runs from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m.
There will be a total of six Bruery drafts:
- Grey Monday imperial stout/American double, 19.5 percent alcohol-by-volume (abv)
- Melange #3 American strong ale, 15.5 percent abv
- Humulus Lager, 7.2 percent abv
- Sour in the Rye American wild ale, 7.8 percent
- Mischief Belgian strong ale (formerly known as Mischief #3), 8.5 percent abv
- Shegöat Weizen Bock, 8.7 percent abv
Grey Monday is essentially The Bruery's Black Tuesday, except this beer is aged in hazelnuts. Melange is a blend of Black Tuesday, anniversary ale, and White Oak Sap. Shegöat is The Bruery's newest beer.
The Bruery is based in Placentia, California in Orange County and is classified as "world-class" by BeerAdvocate. It puts out no more than 3,000 barrels every year on a 15-barrel system. Its beers have earned consistent ratings in the 80s to upper 90s from both BeerAdvocate and RateBeer websties.
The Bruery founder Patrick Rue recently announced that his brewery is expected to increase production capacity to 20,000 barrels in 2015.
Bruery bottles are commonly found on the shelves of most specialty stores in Miami, typically in 750mL containers and cost around $20. But to find Bruery beers on tap is not so common. According to its website, Bruery beers are also not filtered or pasteurized and most of them gain carbonation through 100 percent bottle conditioning.
The Abbey Brewing Company is located at 1115 16th Street in Miami Beach. Call 305-538-8110 or visit http://abbeybrewinginc.com/ for more information.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Soho Bay Temporarily Closes Due to Road Construction
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Week: Miami Spice, Harry's Pizzeria on Wheels, and...
- July 2015 Miami Restaurant Openings and Closings