Swine Southern Table & Bar Names Cory Lambert Executive Chef
Swine Southern Table & Bar has named a new executive chef. The porcine sister to Yardbird Southern Table & Bar has named Cory Lambert to the top toque position. The restaurant is set to open late winter 2012 in Coral Gables.
Lambert was raised in northern Florida and received a degree in culinary arts from Johnson & Wales University before working at several Miami restaurants like Pacific Time, Mark's, and Petrossian.
- Swine Southern Table & bar to Open in Coral Gables
- Kenny Gilbert No Longer with 50 Eggs and Swine Southern Table & Bar
Lambert then worked under Norman Van Aken and Clayton Miller at Norman's at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando. He then moved to Clifton, Virginia, to open and oversee the kitchen at Trummer's on Main, eventually being named executive chef.
Lambert moves into the top spot at Swine after Kenny Gilbert and 50 Eggs, the owners of Swine and Yardbird, parted ways even before the restaurant had opened.
Lambert is a self-proclaimed "avid lover of all things pork", which should serve him well in his new endeavor.
Follow Laine Doss on Twitter @LaineDoss and Facebook.
Follow Short Order on Facebook , on Twitter @Short_Order, and Instagram @ShortOrder.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall