Sweetness Bake Shop Features Harry Potter Treats This Weekend
Harry Potter Cupcakes at Sweetness Bake Shop this weekend only
Sweetness Bake Shop
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 officially opens today and with it we say goodbye to Harry and his world, as we return to our little muggle lives.
Stop by Sweetness Bake Shop in Pinecrest this weekend to bid a sweet farewell to Hogwarts with special cupcakes and treats inspired by Harry Potter.
UPDATE: The shop's owners have received a cease and desist letter arguing the names of Harry's treats were proprietary.
L-R: Cauldron Cake, Rock Cake, Honey Dukes Dirt Cup, and Pumpkin Pasties.
Sweetness Bake Shop
Stephanie Diaz and her crew at Sweetness have baked a host of Potteresque cupcakes. Flavors include:
- Butterbeer: cream soda cake with butterscotch filling and butterscotch buttercream.
- Pumpkin Juice: spiced pumpkin cake topped with spiced cram cheese frosting.
- Strawberry Peanut Butter: peanut butter cake with strawberry filling and strawberry buttercream.
- Acid Pop: lemon cake with sour acidule (really sour) filling and sour acidule frosting.
Other treats inspired by the books and movies include:
- Cauldron Cake: double chocolate cake "cauldron" with caramel overflow.
- Pumpkin Pasties: like a pumpkin empanada.
- Rock Cake: a sweeter version than Hagrid's heavy dish.
- Honey Duke's Dirt Cup: a kiddie party favorite, chocolate mousse layered with crushed oreos and gummy worms hiding in the "dirt."
Cupcake and treat prices vary by size. Mini cupcakes are $1, regular sized are $2, and jumbos are $3. These special treats are only available until Sunday, July 17.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Broadway, Beer, and Christmas
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Tamarina Debuts Brunch: All-You-Can-Eat Oysters, Pasta, and Pancakes
- Best Quick and Easy Restaurants for Art Basel 2015