Sushi Siam at the Plaza on Brickell: The Countdown Goes On, and On, and On
When will it be our turn to chow?
So when the Coming Soon sign hiding on that open door first appeared at 951 Brickell Ave. earlier in the spring, residents have been taunted ever since. This neighborhood real estate website posted on the topic, and a comment thread 135 entries long resulted.
To make hunger pangs worse, the South Florida Japanese-Thai empire isn't making it easy when it comes to information procurement about an opening date. Short of hiring a private eye to get to the bottom of this case, investigative efforts thus far have generated the following numbers game:
- One unanswered question
- Six calls to four of its seven restaurants
- Six different accounts of Brickell location opening status, most hinting at a target date in the end of June being behind schedule
- One in-the-know person in Aventura, mentioning a massive 400-seat space
- Two more unanswered questions
- Finally one office number
- The first name of owner,"Yut," who only speaks through office staff
- Six more unanswered questions
- Two Advil
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Art Basel 2015: Where to Score Free Food & Drink With Your Art
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Boozy Art Basel: Here's Where Art and Drink Collide This Week
- November 2015 Miami Restaurant Openings and Closings