South Beach Wine & Food Festival Announces 2013 Food Truck Lineup
Ms. Cheezious won last year's Trucks on the Beach.
Now that Art Basel is over, it's time to start focusing on the imminent arrival of the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, which takes over our fair city February 21-24, 2013.
One of our favorite events last year was Trucks on the Beach, hosted by Travel Channel's Andrew Zimmern. Last year's official closing event was filled with energy, music, and food as food trucks parked on the sands of SoBe and served sliders, tots, and tacos for thousands of festival goers who traded in their heels for flip flops.
- SoBeWFF: Trucks on the Beach Crowded, Energetic
- Short Order and South Beach Wine & Food Festival Present The Party Animal Pass
This year, the event has been moved to the mainland and renamed Diet Pepsi Presents Trucks on Midtown Tracks Hosted by Andrew Zimmern. Trucks, held Sunday, February 24, 2013 from 3 to 6 p.m., has Zimmern hosting the festivities again. This time, however, the famous adventurous eater has a dog in the fight -- his very own food truck, AZ Canteen, at the event. Also back is Ms. Cheezious, who will fight to retain last year's fan favorite award.
Wine and cocktails have also been added to the event, in addition to last year's Pepsi and beer (we're looking forward to snagging some more of those red, white, and blue straws).
Check out the food truck lineup, before it's even posted on the official SoBe Fest site:
- Alisa's Cupcakery
- AZ Canteen
- Big Wheel Provisions Food Truck
- Brooklyn Italian Ice Company
- Contenti Cupcakes
- Curbside Gourmet
- El Rey de las Fritas
- Firewall Food Truck
- The Fish Box
- Friar Tuck's
- HipPOPs Handcrafted Gelato Bars
- JOJI Yogurt
- Ms. Cheezious
- Pincho Factory
- The Rolling Stove
- Slow Food Truck
Tickets for Trucks on Midtown Tracks go on sale January 2013 exclusively through LivingSocial. In the meantime, check out the Short Order Party Animal Pass , which includes tickets for three different parties including the Q After Dark, Garden to Glass Featuring Bar Lab, My Ceviche & Emeril Lagasse, and Taste & Toast with Target for $285.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall