SOBEWFF Tickets Now on Sale: What's Available, What's Already Sold Out
The city's annual hedonism heyday (well, one of many) is just a few short months away. We're referring, of course, to the South Beach Wine and Food Festival.
From February 20th through 23rd, 2014, this annual event will invade our sunny shores with more food, drink, and celebrity chef debauchery than we know how to handle. Tickets are officially on sale -- and some big-ticket events are already sold out.
Conspicuously absent from this year's lineup is Paula Deen, who was dropped by the network earlier this year after her N-word controversy. Her son Bobby Deen, however, will be in attendance and hosting Thrillist's BBQ & The Blues event.
As usual, the price of admission ain't cheap, but there are some under $100 deals to be had.
Otherwise, here's the lineup of what's sold out, what's still available, and where you can see Sports Illustrated swimsuit models eating BBQ. (They actually eat?)
First, the bad news. Here's what's already gone:
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten Dinner
- Burger Bash with Rachel Ray VIP tickets
- Ocean Liner Dinner hosted by Anthony Bourdain, Frederic Morin, David McMillan, Andrew Carmellini, Eric Ripert, Daniel Boulud, and Francois Payard
- Italian in Paradise Dinner hosted by Giada De Laurentiis
- Starry Night: An Evening with Tyler Florence
- All Aboard: Backyard BBQ at Sea
- Ultimate Asian Lunch hosted by Nobu Matsuhisa and Hiroko Shimbo
- Chicken Coupe hosted by Andrew Carmellini
- Treme, The Heart of New Orleans Dinner hosted by Anthony Bourdain, Susan Spicer, Wylie Dufresne, and Emeril Lagasse
- A Powerful Pairing Dinner hosted by Masaharu Morimoto, and Ming Tsai
- Dinner hosted by Scott Conant, Amanda Freitag, Debi Mazar, and Gabriele Corcos
- Fettuccine & Fiorentina hosted by Michael White with Amol Agarwal
- Intimate Asian Dinner hosted by Andrew Zimmern and Jason Wang with Chef Pai, Sudarat Loasupho
Now for the good news! There's tons of stuff still available. Here are some highlights:
- The Q hosted by Michael Symon featuring the 2014 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models ($400)
- Celebrity Chef Golf Tournament hosted by José Andrés ($500)
- Burger Bash with Rachel Ray regular tickets ($225)
- Medianoches & Mixology at Wynwood Walls hosted by Anne Burrell ($95)
- Mix It Up with Morimoto and Friends ($95)
- Grand Tasting Village ($225)
- Southern Kitchen Brunch hosted by Trisha Yearwood ($150)
- Goya Foods' Swine & Wine hosted by Michelle Bernstein ($150)
So hurry up and scope out your options. (Tip: the seminars are terrific and a steal at $85.) Check out the SOBEWFF website at Sobefest.com for a full list of events and to buy tickets.
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahalexs.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- 20 Miami Restaurants to Watch This Year
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Schnitzel Haus Serves Up a Traditional Oktoberfest Experience
- Changes Afoot at Michael Schwartz's Cypress Room Following Kitchen Exodus