Sexy Llama Brewing Company Debut at World of Beer Tuesday
Courtesy of Sexy Llama Brewing Company
The pouring begins a 6 p.m. and samples are free. Started more than a year ago by brewers from South Miami, Sexy Llama doesn't specialize in any particular style of beer, but it has an affinity for fruited beers.
See also: Florida Weisse: Our Own Style of Beer
With the growing popularity of the Florida Weisse style, Sexy Llama is taking advantage to define the style even further with beers such as a guava beer, a banana beer and a grapefruit Berliner. Being so close to an abundant source of fruit in South Dade County, the number of Florida Weisse style variations are tremendous.
Sexy Llama's line-up for WoB on Tuesday night includes:
- Bananallamarama - German Hefeweizen
- Khubani Ka Llama - Apricot Pale Ale w/ Citrus Hops
- Mind the Hop - English IPA
- Mango-Guava Sour - Berliner Weisse w/ Mango and Guava
With the unbearable Miami heat, the beers will no doubt be refreshing (even more because they are free). If this doesn't coax you out of your house on Tuesday night, a name like Sexy Llama should.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Broadway, Beer, and Christmas
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Tamarina Debuts Brunch: All-You-Can-Eat Oysters, Pasta, and Pancakes
- Best Quick and Easy Restaurants for Art Basel 2015