Sexy Llama Brewing Company Debut at World of Beer Tuesday
Courtesy of Sexy Llama Brewing Company
The pouring begins a 6 p.m. and samples are free. Started more than a year ago by brewers from South Miami, Sexy Llama doesn't specialize in any particular style of beer, but it has an affinity for fruited beers.
See also: Florida Weisse: Our Own Style of Beer
With the growing popularity of the Florida Weisse style, Sexy Llama is taking advantage to define the style even further with beers such as a guava beer, a banana beer and a grapefruit Berliner. Being so close to an abundant source of fruit in South Dade County, the number of Florida Weisse style variations are tremendous.
Sexy Llama's line-up for WoB on Tuesday night includes:
- Bananallamarama - German Hefeweizen
- Khubani Ka Llama - Apricot Pale Ale w/ Citrus Hops
- Mind the Hop - English IPA
- Mango-Guava Sour - Berliner Weisse w/ Mango and Guava
With the unbearable Miami heat, the beers will no doubt be refreshing (even more because they are free). If this doesn't coax you out of your house on Tuesday night, a name like Sexy Llama should.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Instacart Same-Day Grocery Delivery Lets You Shop Without Having to Go Anywhere
- Backstage with Michael Schwartz, Giorgio Rapicavoli, and Aussie Celeb Chef Pete Evans
- Latteria Italiana: Amazing, Secret Ice Cream and More in Midtown
- Miami's Five Best Exotic Pasta Dishes: From Pumpkin to Amaretto and Lobster