Schweddy Balls-Inspired: Only Puke and Ten Other Food Name Fails
We can't wait to taste these Schweddy Balls in our mouths.
Ben & Jerry's
Ben & Jerry's recently introduced a new ice cream flavor, Schweddy Balls, a frozen delight of vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and loaded with, um, balls.
The ice cream is named for Pete Schweddy, the Alec Baldwin character on Saturday Night Live who makes delightful Schweddy Balls as a holiday treat.
If you think "Schweddy Balls" is one weird name, we've compiled a list of food items that have been named worse -- way worse.
10. Finger Marie: We're not sure if this is a cookie name or a directive, but next time our tiramisu recipe calls for "fingering ladies," we'll know what it's talking about, sort of.
9. Golden Gaytime frozen novelty: This ice-cream bar has been around for decades in New Zealand, which means generations of 8-year-old boys and girls have had "4 delicious chances to have a gay time." Goes great with a nice dish of Schweddy Balls.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Choices Coconut Grove Opens This Weekend, Fifth Location Planned for Weston
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Miami Asian Fruit Fly Quarantine to Be Lifted This Weekend
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Boat Show, Valentine's Day, Grove Arts Festival