Scarpetta Wins Our Miami Restaurant Poll of 1,000 Votes Cast
On June 1, in anticipation of our final ten countdown of Miami New Times' favorite dishes, we asked you to choose the restaurant that serves the best dish in Miami.
The poll was furiously tweeted by restaurants and readers who felt strongly about which place was their favorite.
The poll pitted some of Miami's best restaurants against each other.
The venues were chosen by Miami New Times staff as having the top ten dishes. Voting closed at 11:59 p.m. last night, and the results are in.
Scarpetta won with nearly one-third of the 977 total votes. The complete results are as follows:
- Scarpetta (27.23% - 266 votes)
- Bourbon Steak (15.97% -156 votes)
- Tudor House (14.23% - 139 votes)
- Yardbird Southern Table & Bar (11.05% - 108 votes)
- Michael's Genuine Food & Drink (9.72% - 95 votes)
- Pubbelly (7.16% - 70 votes)
- Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill (6.35% - 62 votes)
- Michy's (3.38% - 33 votes)
- Sra. Martinez (2.46% - 24 votes)
- Tap Tap (2.46% - 24 votes)
All photos courtesy of Scarpetta
Scarpetta, helmed by Food Network celebrity Scott Conant, is known for its beautiful Italian dishes done simply with fresh, local ingredients. This philosophy is best represented by the restaurant's signature item, a simple plate of spaghetti with tomato and basil ($24).
The restaurant also boasts a host of vegetarian dishes, which come in handy when your newly vegan sister visits. The vegetarian creamy polenta with fricassee of truffled mushrooms ($16) will satisfy even a carnivore.
We at New Times totally agree with your choice of restaurants -- we named Scarpetta's lamb agnolotti our top dish this year. To see what we had to say about it (and for a complete listing of all 100 dishes), click here.
Thank you for voting, and remember to check out our Best of Miami picks online here and in print today.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- The Salty Donut Is Popping Up in South Beach This Weekend
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Plant-Based Eating Author Rip Esselstyn at Whole Foods Coral Gables Wednesday
- Gastropod's Fried Chicken Sandwich Reigns Supreme