Ryan Poli's Gazpacho & Grilled Vegetable Pinxto Recipe
and discussed how Executive Chef Ryan Poli is using said trip to inspire
the menu at his new restaurant, Tavernita, opening on SoBe. Today we
bring you a sneak peek of what is to come; a recipe from Chef Poli's
The trick to his flavor-filled Gazpacho, is a generous helping of smoked paprika for heat and Spanish gusto. A side of grilled veggies topped with fresh minced garlic and sherry vinegar, rounds out this summer recipe nicely. Bring the barcito home.
Gazpacho With Smoked Paprika
2 small onion diced small
2 red peppers diced small
1/2 c olive oil
3 cloves garlic rough chopped
5 ripe tomatoes chopped
1 1/2 english cucumbers peeled and chopped
1/4 c basil chopped
1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 c still water
1/4 c sherry vinegar
2 c sparkling water
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Sauté in a large sauce pot, add olive oil, onions and peppers until soft, add the garlic and tomatoes and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
2. Add the cucumbers, basil, paprika and still water, cover and cook on medium heat until all of the vegetables are soft and tender.
3. Blend the soup until smooth and allow to cool.
4. When cold, add the vinegar and the sparkling water.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grilled Vegetable Pinxto
4 small eggplants
4 small onions halved
4 red bell peppers
Extra virgin olive oil for brushing, plus 1/3 cup
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
1/4 really good extra virgin olive oil
1. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill, brush the eggplants, onions, peppers and tomatoes with oil. Place the vegetables over the fire and grill until the skins blacken and the vegetables are tender.
2. Place vegetables in a container with lid and let steam for 10-15 minutes.When cool enough to handle, peel the eggplants, peppers, and tomatoes.Peel away the outer layer of the onions.
3. Cut lengthwise into strips about 1 1/2 inches wide and transfer to a bowl.
4. Mix the garlic with the vinegar and oil, sprinkle over the vegetable season with salt, and toss to mix well.
5. Serve at room temperature on crusty grilled bread.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Pincho Factory Opening in Hialeah Next Week: Locations in Brickell, Midtown Miami,...
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
- Food Halls Planned for Little Haiti, Wynwood, Downtown Miami
- Surfcomber's Social Club Brunch: Order the Doughnuts and Breakfast Sandwich