Ricky "Gourmand" Williams, Archie's Gourmet Pizza, Free Gourmet Magazine
Nothing Spells Hip and Health-Conscious Like Plasma TVs
NFL All-Timer Rudi Johnson and Dolphins running back Ricky Williams will be co-owners (along with the Hospitality Development Management Group) of PROOF, a "hip new health-conscious restaurant and lounge set within the inviting breezeway area of Z Ocean Hotel South Beach". Set to open next month, PROOF promises "a warm American bistro concept combined with California fresh cuisine, reasonable pricing (entrees from $20 to $30) and a chic Ocean Drive setting".
Menu will include sushi and items such as Red Snapper with Lump Crab Meat, Farmer's Market Vegetable Platter, and New York Strip Steak. Both indoor and outdoor seating areas "feature large plasma TVs for guests' entertainment". Anything to distract from the food, eh?
Z Ocean Hotel, 1458 Ocean Drive; 305-672-4554.
Free Subscription To Gourmet Magazine!
That's the "BONUS offer" promised on a sticker upon the cover of the new 1,000-plus page Gourmet Today cookbook. Not to worry: If you spend the $40 for the book, you can send in an attached coupon and get a $12 refund instead (which, incidentally, makes this cookbook a bargain).
Archie's Pizza Caprese
Pie In The Sky
With competition in the pizza world heating up faster than pepperoni on a hot tin roof, Archie's Gourmet Pizza has rolled out three sweet new deals:
- Save 30% off your entire bill on Tuesdays when paying with cash.
- With the purchase of any drink between the hours of noon and 3:00 p.m., you can enjoy lunch for only $6.95 (choose from a soup and salad combo or from the selection of pizzas, calzones, salads and pastas).
- If your name is Veronica or Jughead you get to eat for free.
Actually, we made that last one up.
166 Giralda Ave., Coral Gables; 305-444-1447.
Don't know how many people attended the Celebrity Chef Series at the Arsht Center featuring Lorena Garcia, Ingrid Hoffmann, and Daisy Martinez last Friday evening -- but we do know that the day prior to the event, Arsht Center was giving tickets away for free to local hotel concierges and their guests. We only wonder whose genius idea it was in the first place to book a chat by Ingrid Hoffman and Daisy Martinez as high-priced entertainment.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Authentic Mexican Taqueria Wapo Taco To Open in Coral Gables This Summer
- Sea Sheperd's Laura Dakin on Cooking Vegan Eats in a Small Space and What to Feed Meat...
- Alter Opens Tonight: Brad Kilgore Brings a New Perspective to Fine Dining in Wynwood
- Indo-American Store in West Kendall Sells More Than Masala