Rat Shit Central
- Critical. Observed rodent activity as
evidenced by rodent droppings found. (100+ SEMI-FRESH DROPPINGS FOUND
IN FRONT COUNTER AREA THROUGHOUT APPROX 5 CABINETS. SALAD PREP AREA,
COFFEE AREA, SODA AREA. AREA WHERE DROPPINGS WERE FOUND SHARES WALL
WITH KITCHEN.) UN RETURN TO ESTABLISHMENT AT 6PM: (APPROX 30+
SEMI-FRESH RODENT DROPPINGS FOUND AT FRONT COUNTER IN MICROWAVE AREA,
75+ IN STAGE AREA APPROX 1 FOOT FROM DOORS LEADING TO KITCHEN. APPROX
50+ BENEATH SODA SYRUPS IN KITCHEN. APPROX 50+ IN STORAGE AREA WHERE
SINGLE SERVICE ITEMS ARE STORED APPROX 5 FEET FROM KITCHEN)"
The inspection temporarily closed the facility until the rat shit is cleaned up and the inspectors deem it a safe place to eat. Little more than 2 weeks later the establishment is now known as Lakes Cafe, ostensibly under new ownership, and is up and running. Two calls to the Lakes Cafe were met with "No comment." Call for reservations 305 822-3077
Full content of Lakes Sports Bar and Grill inspection available here
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall