Plunge Into a Pink Elephant at the Gansevoort Miami Beach
It's Friday and Short Order sniffs out this weekend's top cocktail yet again. We popped into the Gansevoort Miami Beach Hotel this week and discovered the Pink Elephant -- a refreshing combination of fresh muddled strawberries, mint, and lime swished together with Grey Goose Pear Vodka and laced with a champagne floater.
Here're three delicious reasons to go to the Gansevoort and have a Pink Elephant:
1) For every Pink Elephant you order, the Gansevoort will donate $1 to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength South Florida for breast cancer research.
2) It's only available at the Gansevoort. According to Marketing Director Tiffany D'Aurizio, "The signature drink has a top-secret recipe; we prefer not to give it out." So full disclosure about the libation's mix was a no-no.
3) One word, Plunge...Get the bikini and the board shorts on, grab the flip-flops and surround yourself with beautiful, SoBe bronzed, beach bodies.
Short Order's tip of the weekend:
Enjoy a Pink Elephant (or a few...) because it is absolutely delicious! But don't drink too many, you might wake up with a Pink Elephant in your room the next day, not just in your glass.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Biscayne Diner Closes, Pubbelly Vets Coming Soon
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Wrapping Comes off Harry’s Pizzeria in Coconut Grove
- Brunch at Cecconi's: A Euro-Style Market in South Beach (Photos)