Peking Turkey at Philippe Now, Family Day at Pacific Time Tomorrow, Q and Fin on Monday, Tuscany in Spring
Palm Beach Spanish Mackerel at Fin
Photo by Lee Klein
Support Miami's Schoolchildren
The Design District will be celebrating Family Day tomorrow, December 12, and proud daddy Jonathan Eismann will be taking part by:
- Exhibiting beautiful artwork by the talented students of South Pointe Elementary school at Pacific Time.
- Exhibiting pizza-making demos and giving out free espresso (presumably for the parents) at Pizza Volante.
- Featuring kid garage bands at Q -- your chance to see The Ramones of tomorrow! Who are The Ramones? Never mind.
- Festivities reign from noon until 4 p.m.
Tuscany in March; Maybe April
Alessandro Cecconi treated 2,000 Basel guests to teasing tastes of his upcoming Design District restaurant Vino E Olio (139 NE 39th St.). Due to open this March or April, Vino will feature the rustic Tuscan cuisine of chef Andrea Menichetti. Menichetti's parents, Valeria Piccini and Maurizio Menichetti, are the founders of the well respected Da Caino restaurant in Tuscany; Valeria, in fact, is an honored chef and recipient of two Michelin stars.
Decor will be defined by glass lit walls "casting colors in all directions", and an outdoor terrace that brings the total number of seats to 220. Cecconi was previously the developer of Vinoeolio, a Miami-based importer and producer of Italian foods (oils, vinegars, sauces, and so forth) whose products are present in stores throughout the United States. Further information on Vino E Olio will soon be available here .
Peking Turkey at Philippe
To celebrate the holiday season, Chef Philippe Chow will be specially preparing made-to-order Peking Turkey from now through December 25th. The 7 to 9 pound turkey ($55) is served Peking Style with cranberry plum sauce, scallion cucumbers, and housemade pancakes. This twist on a Chinese tradition will be offered to groups of 6 or more and must be specially requested at least 2 days prior to the reservation.
Philippe Miami 2305 Collins Ave., Miami Beach 305-674-0250
Joined Friends of James Beard Foundation for a tour of Jonathan Eismann's four Design District properties last night. Will report Monday on first impressions of Q and Fin.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Raw Juce Expands To Miami With Stores in Miami Beach and Aventura
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- New Times Ganja Jerk Chicken Recipe Featured on New Weed-Centric Food Site
- Miami Spice 2015: Five Best Desserts