Open Call: TEDxManhattan Challenge
Are you a food activist?
Have you done any of the following?:
- Started a farmer's market
- Developed a cooking class at your child's school
- Created a Food Policy Council in your city
- Started a garden at a senior center
Then continue reading.
Extra, extra, read all about it! TEDxManhattan is holding an open call and challenge for TEDxManhattan's 2012 "Changing the Way We Eat" set for January 21, 2012 at the Times Center in New York City.
Fit the bill? We've got all the information you need to apply. Hurry up, the deadline's October 15.
This year's "Changing the Way We Eat" was extremely successful and garnered thousands of live participants as well as viewing parties across the country. A quick refresher, TEDxManhattan is an educational seminar featuring the food industry's top leaders. Past participants include Josh Viertel and Mark Bittman. If you're extremely into food politics, this is the Oscars of the awards season.
Finalists will be chosen by November 1 and the winner will be announced in early December. The winner will have the opportunity to be a speaker onstage during the event, plus a full day access to all of the day's activities. To apply, your project does not have to be completed by the end of the year, but you must have had some type of impactful result by that time.
Here are a few Miami peeps that we think should apply: Erin Healy of Youth L.E.A.D., Mario Yanez of Earth Learning. and any member from Slow Food Miami.
Apply here now! Don't forget, the deadline's fast approaching on October 15. Learn more about TEDxManhattan by visiting tedxmanhattan.org/challenge.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall