One Out of Four People Reading This Post Are Fat Slobs (And Other New Obesity Stats)
Let's not sugarcoat our words: The report released yesterday by Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is just more fodder for the notion that Americans are disgustingly obese people who simply cannot stop stuffing their dumb faces with fake, horrible, lardaceous foods. The proof is in the pudding, so let's take a quick look before somebody comes along and licks the pudding bowl clean. Here are just a few of the new numbers from the report, which is titled "F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens America's Future 2011."
* Adult obesity increased in 16 states during the past year and rates soared to 30 percent or higher in 12 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia. These solidly red states also boast some of the lowest IQ rates in the nation, which means Republicans really are fat and stupid.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall