Here we go... The official end of hurricane season, the start of cooler weather, and an influx of restaurants opening in Miami.
With tourist season and Art Basel coming down the pipeline sooner than we realize, restaurants are clamoring to finish that paint job, install those burners, and open the doors to a waiting public.
October's most notable openings actually aren't traditional restaurants with the most exciting events in the 305 being the opening of Wynwood Brewing Company and Trader Joe's in Pinecrest.
Joe's Stone Crab opened for the 2013-2014 stone crab season on October 15, marking its 100th year in business.
Sadly, Gordon Biersch closed after 13 years in Brickell, just at the start of a growing beer trend in Miami and The Hoxton shuttered its doors unexpectedly just last week. Brickell Irish Pub also announced that it's closing.
Restaurants that we're looking forward to the most include Blackbrick, Richard Hales' foray into Chinese cuisine and Lure Fishbar, both scheduled to open in November.
- Buena Vista Chocolate and Wine
- The District Miami
- Joe's Stone Crab (reopened for the season)
- Jugofresh (Coral Gables)
- Moreno's Cuba
- Semilla Eatery and Bar
- Trader Joe's
- Wynwood Brewing Company
- The Cheese Course downtown
- Colette Little French Bistro
- Knaus Berry Farms (reopened for season)
Continue to the next page for the Closings and Coming Attractions...
- Gordon Biersch
- The Hoxton
- Brickell Irish Pub - hosting last call closing party this Saturday.
- The Alchemist - Multiple-course dining experiences coming to Midtown.
- Aoki Teppanyaki - Coming to Dadeland.
- Balan's - Opening another location in Dadeland.
- Barnickel's - Coconut Grove eatery opening soon.
- Bar Lorenzo - Top Chef Tony Mantuano is opening an Italian restaurant soon.
- Baru Urbano - Opening another location in Midtown.
- Batch - Gastropub coming to Brickell.
- Biscayne Brewing Co. - Fresh beer coming soon.
- Blackbrick - Richard Hales opening a Chinese restaurant featuring tail-to-snout dining.
- Bobby Flay's Burger Palace - Coming to Dadeland.
- Bocce Bar - Timon Balloo cooks "La dolce vita".
- Brother Jimmy's BBQ - Second outpost in South Miami.
- Buns & Buns - Opening in South Miami.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Cibo Wine Bar - The second location, coming soon.
- Earl's Kitchen & Bar - Coming to Dadeland.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Ikea - Coming 2014
- JugoFresh - Expanding their shops.
- L'Echon Brasserie - another Pubbelly endeavor.
- La Cantina 20 - Another Icon tenant getting set to move in.
- La Mar by Gaston Acurio - Celebrity chef coming to Mandarin Oriental Miami.
- Laduree - Parisian macarons coming to Lincoln Road.
- Lokum Mediterranean Grill - Opening on Alton Road.
- Lure Fishbar - The New York seafood restaurant is coming to the Loews Miami Beach.
- MIA Brewing Co. - Opening soon in Doral.
- Michael Mina 74 -- Opening at the Fontainebleau
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- Ms. Cheezious - The food truck is opening a shop.
- N Lounge - Kevin Cory to open a lounge next door to NAOE.
- Panther Coffee is opening a location in MiMo.
- Poor Man's Lobster - From the folks at Mandolin.
- Pinkberry - Opening on Alton Road.
- Porcao Farm to Grill - Opening at Mary Brickell Village
- RN74 - Michael Mina opening a restaurant at the Fontainebleau.
- STK - Reopening in the fall.
- Shikany - Opening in Wynwood.
- Traymore Restaurant and Met Bar Opening in New Metropolitan by COMO Hotel
- Wood Tavern - Opening a pizzeria next door, and an upstairs lounge.
- Havana 1957 - Opening in Brickell Irish Pub's space
- Morimoto Restaurant - Opening in Shelborne South Beach
- My Ceviche - Coming to South Miami.
- 1826 Restaurant - Opening in South Beach early next year by chef Danny Grant
- J. Wakefield Brewing Company - Coming to Wynwood.
Projects in the Works
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- An upscale restaurant and brewery is planned for the old Cooper Avenue space in South Beach.
- Giorgio Rapicavoli is planning a cocktail lounge adjacent to his Coral Gables restaurant, Eating House. He's also working on a doughnut shop.
- Tom Colicchio is opening a restaurant and will oversee f&b operations at the 1Hotel & Residences.
- Steve Martorano is closer than ever to opening a Miami Beach location.
- Top Chef Fabio Viviani opening an Italian restaurant on Miami Beach.