Nutella Mug Cake: The Classiest Late Night Treat
Nutella, the famous hazelnut goo, would make a shoe taste good. But how about a mug cake? At best it's a dense brownie-like confection. At worst, well, goo is right.
Here's how Short Order recommends to make it right. The entire recipe from start to finish takes three minutes.
Nutella Mug Cake
Makes 3 servings
Adapted from Family Kitchen
4 tablespoons self-rising flour
4 tablespoons plain white sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Stir everything in a medium-sized bowl with a whisk until smooth.
2. Dole out precisely 3/4 cup batter into three separate large mugs.
3. Microwave each batter-filled mug for approximately 1.5 to 2.5 minutes.
You can top each cooled decadent surface with freshly-whipped cream and chocolate sauce. With each push of the start button you'll get a dense and richly flavored chocolate delight with the consistency of a batter that didn't quite make it to a brownie but packs more punch than any chocolate cake you've ever eaten. Whatever name you give it, make sure to make plenty.
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Instacart Same-Day Grocery Delivery Lets You Shop Without Having to Go Anywhere
- Backstage with Michael Schwartz, Giorgio Rapicavoli, and Aussie Celeb Chef Pete Evans
- Latteria Italiana: Amazing, Secret Ice Cream and More in Midtown
- Miami's Five Best Exotic Pasta Dishes: From Pumpkin to Amaretto and Lobster