Nutella Mug Cake: The Classiest Late Night Treat
Nutella, the famous hazelnut goo, would make a shoe taste good. But how about a mug cake? At best it's a dense brownie-like confection. At worst, well, goo is right.
Here's how Short Order recommends to make it right. The entire recipe from start to finish takes three minutes.
Nutella Mug Cake
Makes 3 servings
Adapted from Family Kitchen
4 tablespoons self-rising flour
4 tablespoons plain white sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Stir everything in a medium-sized bowl with a whisk until smooth.
2. Dole out precisely 3/4 cup batter into three separate large mugs.
3. Microwave each batter-filled mug for approximately 1.5 to 2.5 minutes.
You can top each cooled decadent surface with freshly-whipped cream and chocolate sauce. With each push of the start button you'll get a dense and richly flavored chocolate delight with the consistency of a batter that didn't quite make it to a brownie but packs more punch than any chocolate cake you've ever eaten. Whatever name you give it, make sure to make plenty.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Falafel Salad Flourishes at Miami Squeeze, West Dixie's Hidden Gem
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Miami Chefs React to Cajun Chef Paul Prudhomme's Death
- Gravity Brewlab to Pour With International Brewers at Shelton Brothers Festival