November 2015 Miami Restaurant Openings and Closings
Courtesy of Talde
November was a very good month for the Miami restaurant scene. More than a dozen restaurants of note scrambled to open before the Art Basel rush, which could mean a successful kick-start. Not surprisingly, the industry steadied, with only one notable restaurant closing, the Coral Gables location of the Italian staple Anacapri.
Notable openings include
Expect an Asian explosion before the new year, with Phuc Yea, Da Tang Unique, and NaiYaRa all expected to open any day.
Le Zoo opens in Bal Harbour.
Photo by Laine Doss
- Baru Bar & Lounge at Mary Brickell Village
Beaker & Gray
- Bond Lounge (1905 Collins Ave., Miami Beach)
- Dirt (232 Fifth St., Miami Beach)
- Garzon at Mary Brickell Village
- The Grind Coffee Project (10519 SW 109th Ct., Miami)
- Le Zoo at Bal Harbour Shops
- Midtown Taco Stand Pop-Up at Angelina's
Nobu at Eden Roc
- Pisco y Nazca at The Palms at Town & Country
- Serendipity Yogurt Cafe (421 NW 26th
- Spitfire (405 15th St., Miami Beach)
- Talde Miami Beach at Thompson Miami Beach Hotel
Ted's at YoungArts
- TuCandela Bar at Mary Brickell Village
- Wynwood Yard
- Anacapri in Coral Gables
- N by Naoe has turned into N
ShabuShabu, serving a shabu shabu meal of vegetables and thinly sliced Japanese beef for $60 per person plus 20 percent service charge and sales tax.
Chef Bee's NaiYaRa opening any day.
Photo by Laine Doss
- 33 - Opening in Coconut Grove.
- 5411 Empanadas - From Chicago to Coral Gables
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare project.
- Alinea - Famed restaurant will pop-up at Faena Miami Beach
- Ariete - Michael Beltran to open Coconut Grove restaurant.
- Azucar - Opening near FIU.
- Bachour Bakery and Bistro - The master baker opens a bistro.
- Bake House - Opening in Miami Beach
- Bikini Barista - Coming to midtown.
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Company - Opening in Doral.
- Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill - Opening in Miami.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Cake Thai Kitchen - Opening in Wynwood.
- Choices Cafe - Opening in Coconut Grove.
CoyoTaco - Popping up at Shore Club.
- Da Tang Unique - Authentic Chinese cuisine from centuries-old royal recipes.
- Dragonfly - Third of the Florida chain and first in Miami-Dade coming to Doral.
- Estefan Kitchen - Gloria and Emilio are at it again.
- Farinelli 1937 - Upscale pizza by the owners of Strada.
- Freddo Helado - Opening in Doral.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Graziano's - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare project.
- Groovin' Bean - Coffee house and lounge opening in Overtown.
- Hank & Harry's - Buzzy Sklar to open
NY-styledeli in SoBe.
- Harry's Pizzeria - Chef Michael Schwartz expanding several locations.
- IGA Culinary School - Opening in North Miami.
- IceBox Cafe - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare project.
- Jaya - Opening at the Setai Hotel.
- Jodi's Italian Ice - Opening soon.
- Juan Valdez Cafe - Opening in North Miami.
- Komodo - David Grutman and China Grill team opening in Brickell.
- La Muse Cafe - Jamie DeRosa opening a Brickell cafe.
- Ladurée - Pops up in Design District for Art Basel
- Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen - From the My Ceviche team.
- Latin House Grill - Opening near FIU.
- Le Macaron - Opening at Dadeland and other locations.
- Ms. Cheezious - Planning expansion.
- My Ceviche - Coming to Midtown and MIA
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- Naked Burger - Chef Ralph Pagano at it again.
- Itabe - Kevin Aoki and Roman Jones collaborate on a restaurant.
- Magnum Lounge - a new version by the Bar Lab team.
- Panther Coffee - Opening in MiMo, and Little Haiti.
- PAO - Paul Qui opens restaurant at Faena Miami Beach.
- Paraiso Bay Restaurant and Beach Club - Michael Schwartz opening a restaurant at this Edgewater complex.
- PB Station - The Pubbelly Boys open in Miami.
- Persona Pizzeria - California chain coming to Miami.
- Phuc Yea! - Popular pop-up opening in MiMo
- Puroroast Coffee - Opening in Brickell.
- Quinto La Huella - Uruguay's Parador La Huella coming to Miami.
- Palmeiras Beach Club - Opening in Coconut Grove
- Pao - Paul Qui opening restaurant at Faena Miami.
- Paulie Gee's Brooklyn pizza - Coming to Upper Eastside.
- Pasion del Cielo - Opening in Brickell and Doral.
- Pincho Factory - Opening several locations in Hialeah, Doral, West Kendall, Pinecrest, and Orlando.
- Pubbelly Sushi - Opening
- Quinta La Huella - Opening soon.
- Revolution in Bloom - Vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
- Salty Donut -
Doughtnutshop coming to Wynwood.
- Sarsaparilla Club - Janine Booth and Jeff McInnis to open
restaurantat Shelborne Wyndham Grand Hotel.
- Segafredo - Opening in Bayside.
- Stellino's - Italian cuisine coming to Doral.
- Sugar Factory - Opening
secondlocation on Lincoln Road.
- Sullivan St. Bakery - Opening in Little Haiti.
- The Spillover - Lokal explores the sea.
- Spring Chicken - 50 Eggs doing fast casual chicken in four locations.
- Tanuki - From Moscow to South Beach.
- Tap 42 -Fort Lauderdale gastropub opening in Coral Gables.
- Taste Buds of India - Coral Springs rest opening in South Miami.
- Toasted Bagels - Coming to Coral Gables.
- Tobacco Road - New and improved Road opening this winter.
- Trust & Co. - Bank meets Steampunk in Coral Gables.
- Tutto Il Giorno - Authentic Italian fare coming soon.
- Which Wich - Opening several locations in Miami.
- Whole Foods Market - proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour.
- Zak the Baker - Planning an expansion of his cafe and bakery.
- Zest - Cindy Hutson opening a restaurant and fast-casual concept.
Projects in the Works
- Jugofresh's Matthew Sherman and Darren Laszlo plan to open a new concept in Sunset Harbour.
- Chef Alex Stupak is shopping for a location in Miami for a taco restaurant.
- Joel Robuchon and Jean-Georges Vongerichten are opening eateries in the Design District.
Wanjey, a partner at Zuma and Coya, will open a French restaurant in Brickell in the coming year.
- Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth will open a seafood restaurant in the former PB Steak location in Sunset Harbour.
- Jose Garces is rumored to be opening a Miami restaurant.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.