November 2012 Restaurant Openings and Closings
Pride and Joy brings barbeque, beer, and bourbon to Wynwood.
NikonMiami.com via Facebook
November in Miami saw many anticipated restaurants opening, and a few closings that had most people surprised, indeed. Some welcome additions to our local food scene include Dena Marino's MC Kitchen, Myron Mixon's Pride and Joy, and David Bracha's Oak Tavern.
- Florida Cookery: Every Dish Tells a Story
- MC Kitchen in Design District Opens
- Oak Tavern: A Warm New Dining Spot in the Design District Opens
- Over The Counter: Brickell's Grab and Go Gastropub
Pride and Joy Opens Today in Wynwood
This month's closings took most of Miami by surprise. American Burger, which opened by surprise when 8oz. Burger Bar closed while planning to relocate to Lincoln Road, abruptly closed after about a month in business.
MC Brewhouse, which replaced Chow Down Grill, closed after about a month. Co-owner Josh Marcus plans to focus his attention on his popular Josh's Delicatessen and Appetizing for now.
After two months, Michelle Bernstein's Crumb on Parchment at the Webster Hotel in South Beach closed. Chef Bernstein plans on opening something "nighttime related" in the near future.
And Red Light Little River closed after a five-year run. Owner Kris Wessel bounced back right away with the opening of Florida Cookery at the James Royal Palm Hotel in South Beach.
We're awaiting many December openings. Feverish Ice Cream and Gourmet Pops opens this weekend in midtown, The Local House opens in South Beach, Ralph Pagano's Alba opens at the end of the month, and Broken Shaker is expected to stir things up cocktail-wise any day now.
- 100 Montaditos (Brickell Location)
- BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
- Bar Louie
- Casa Blanca on the Bay
- Democratic Republic of Beer
- Eating House
- Florida Cookery
- Knaus Berry Farm
- MC Kitchen
- MPP Brickell
- Oak Tavern
- Orchid (Pop-up restaurant/show)
- Pride and Joy
- The Cheese Course
- Villa Mayfair
- American Burger
- Crumb on Parchment Miami Beach
- MB Brewhouse
- Red Light Little River
- Tudor House
8oz. Burger Bar - Moving to the old Kim's Chinese spot.
- Feverish Ice Cream and Gourmet Pops - Food truck opening permanent spot in December.
- Wynwood Brewing Company
- Opening soon.
- Bunnie Cakes - Vegan bakery coming to Wynwood.
- PB Steak - Pubbelly tackles steak (coming early 2013).
- Momi Ramen - More ramen coming to Miami.
- Jefe's Original Fish Taco & Burger - One of Miami's first food trucks goes brick and mortar.
- Cypress Room - Michael Schwartz's upscale tavern to open early 2013.
- Buddha Sushi Bar - Opening another location on Lincoln Road.
- Poor Man's Lobster - From the folks at Mandolin.
- N Lounge - Kevin Cory to open a lounge next door to NAOE.
- Gravity Brewbar - Opening in December.
- Salsa Fiesta - The fresh taco joint is opening an Aventura location.
- Barceloneta - The Pubbelly guys are expanding into South Miami.
- Boxpark - The Hoxton's sibling, coming soon.
- Harvey Wolf - Completes the trio of European pubs, along with Boxpark and The Hoxton.
- Siga la Vaca - Follow the cow and eat its flesh in Coral Gables.
- Alba - Ralph Pagano's restaurant to open December 31.
- VooDoo BBQ and Grill - Bringing some mojo to Kendall.
- Khong - Asian concept from John Kunkel and 50 Eggs. Speaking of 50 Eggs.....
- Swine Southern Table & Bar - Yardbird's pork-centric
sister (also from 50 Eggs) is scheduled for a winter debut. And more 50
- A fast-casual Asian concept, also by 50 Eggs, is coming to South Beach, adjacent to the original Lime on Alton Road.
- The Broken Shaker - Bar Lab guys are bringing back their pop-up. For keeps.
- Panther Coffee - Coming to South Beach.
- Loft opens in Midtown sometime in the late fall.
- Serafina -- Replacing Tudor House at the Dream South Beach Hotel.
- Dylan's Candy Bar - Ralph Lauren's daughter is sweet on Lincoln Road, opening December.
- Sakaya Kitchen - Planned expansion by owner Richard Hales.
- Cibo Wine Bar - The second location, coming soon.
- HuaHua's - Todd Erickson's Lincoln Road tacqueria to open early 2013.
- Frita Shop - Alberto Cabrera's Cuban burger joint.
- Yard House - Chain grub with many many beers.
- Cipriani - New York icon due at the Icon Brickell.
- La Cantina 20 - Another Icon tenant getting set to move in.
- Catch - By Top Chef's Hung Huynh, due in SoBe this winter.
- Restaurant du Cap - Philippe Ruiz' much anticipated venue coming to Brickell.
- The Restaurant at The Raleigh - Michael Schwartz' venture arriving winter 2013.
- Ikea - Coming 2014
- Trader Joe's - Coming to Pinecrest in 2013
- Hoops Coconut Grove - Sports bar opening soon.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Fireman Derek's Five Steps to the Perfect Pie for Thanksgiving
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Thanksgiving 2015: Guide to Restaurant Dinners in Miami
- World-Famous Alinea Popping Up in Miami Beach in February, Tickets on Sale December 2