Mystery Solved (Sort Of), Cinco Coming, and The Chew on TV
- We found out the mystery café that had it's soft opening earlier this week will be called Crumb on Parchment. Michelle Bernstein's momma is making the baked goods. Stay tuned for an interview with her soon.
- Coral Gables is getting a new eatery: Cinco. Cinco is due--wait for it--on May 5 (uh, yeah, that's Cinco de Mayo for us gringos) at the Village of Merrick Park. Those who have schlepped up to Palm Beach may know the restaurateur behind it since his Carmine's in Palm Beach Gardens has been one of the most popular eateries in the city for decades. Chef and Miami native John Belleme will be heading the kitchen. We're being teased already with menu offerings like cazuela de queso fundido with chile rajas and chorizo and ancho-rubbed pork chops. Ole!
- And Yahoo! is reporting that ABC is replacing All My Children with The Chew, a food-focused show hosted by Mario Batali and Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and nutrition expert Daphne Oz. "The Gordon Elliot (Paula's Home Cooking, Down Home with the Neelys) production will 'focus on food from every angle -- as a source of joy, health, family ritual, friendship, breaking news, dating, fitness, weight loss, travel adventures and life's moments,'" the story reported.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Soho Bay Temporarily Closes Due to Road Construction
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Week: Miami Spice, Harry's Pizzeria on Wheels, and...
- July 2015 Miami Restaurant Openings and Closings