Moron Brothers Brewery Featured Homebrewer at World of Beer Tonight
Small-batch homebrew is always the best.
Courtesy of Moron Brothers Brewery
The beer scene in Miami is so hot right now that even homebrewers are getting props. And they should because they make some of the best stuff on Earth -- and you will never be able to find it in stores.
See also: World of Beer Adding Two Miami Locations
They will be pouring two of their brews starting at 6 p.m.:
- Wake the Dead, a oatmeal breakfast stout, brewed with two types of coffee, regular and cold brewed, toasted oats, dark chocolate, and cocoa nibs sitting at 7% ABV.
- The Hopfather, a 5.5 percent ABV pale ale brewed with a huge pile of Citra hops and inspired by Three Floyds Zombie Dust.
You will have a chance to meet the brewers behind the beer, who will also have some t-shirts for sale and donate to a local charity.
Moron Brothers is not an actual production brewery in the making, but "just a bunch of morons, working hard to make great beer," But making beer can hardly be moronic, unless it's watered-down, adjunct-laden, flavorless swill. There ain't no brew like home-crafted brew.
And if you're into beer porn, Moron Brothers posts some great shots on their Instagram account.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall