Moron Brothers Brewery Featured Homebrewer at World of Beer Tonight
Small-batch homebrew is always the best.
Courtesy of Moron Brothers Brewery
The beer scene in Miami is so hot right now that even homebrewers are getting props. And they should because they make some of the best stuff on Earth -- and you will never be able to find it in stores.
See also: World of Beer Adding Two Miami Locations
They will be pouring two of their brews starting at 6 p.m.:
- Wake the Dead, a oatmeal breakfast stout, brewed with two types of coffee, regular and cold brewed, toasted oats, dark chocolate, and cocoa nibs sitting at 7% ABV.
- The Hopfather, a 5.5 percent ABV pale ale brewed with a huge pile of Citra hops and inspired by Three Floyds Zombie Dust.
You will have a chance to meet the brewers behind the beer, who will also have some t-shirts for sale and donate to a local charity.
Moron Brothers is not an actual production brewery in the making, but "just a bunch of morons, working hard to make great beer," But making beer can hardly be moronic, unless it's watered-down, adjunct-laden, flavorless swill. There ain't no brew like home-crafted brew.
And if you're into beer porn, Moron Brothers posts some great shots on their Instagram account.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Alex Chang on Miami's Food Scene: "There's a Lack of Culture and People Who Really,...
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Luisa Santos Shares Lulu's Sweet Success With Employees
- Jesse Morris' Beer Genius Fuels Concrete Beach's Rise