Michelle Bernstein Wins in Food & Wine's 25 Best Cookbooks 2009
Congratulations to Michelle Bernstein for winning a spot on Food & Wine's top 25 cookbooks of 2009.
According to Publishers Weekly, "Every year, about 24,000 new cookbooks hit bookstore shelves."
Michelle Bernstein's book Cuisine à Latina is available at all major retailers and online.
Big ups to her for getting our city notice. Miami is full of fire and this will be a great help to the movement.
Food & Wine will include a Bernstein recipe in the book it releases featuring one from each of its winners, so as long as they're capitalizing off our talent, let's remember their audience's eyeballs are integral to our success as a food city. It is what it is.
Here is a list of the other books that made the list.
1. The Art and Soul of Baking by Cindy Mushet
2. Secrets of the Red Lantern by Pauline Nguyen
3. Bottega Favorita by Frank Stitt
4. Heirloom Cooking with the Brass Sisters by Marilynn and Sheila Brass
5. Urban Italian by Andrew Carmellini
6. Osteria by Rick Tramonto
7. Baking for All Occasions by Flo Braker
8. Big Night In by Domenica Marchetti
9. The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever by Beatrice Ojakangas
10. Giada's Kitchen by Giada De Laurentiis
11. Grill It! by Bobby Flay
12. Screen Doors and Sweet Tea by Martha Hall Foose
13. Mediterranean Fresh by Joyce Goldstein
14. Italian Grill by Mario Batali
15. Cuisine a Latina by Michelle Bernstein
16. Olives and Oranges by Sara Jenkins
17. The Complete Robuchon by Joel Robuchon
18. Sweet! by Mani Niall
19. Baked by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito
20. The Book of New Israeli Food by Janna Gur
21. Chanterelle by David Waltuck and Andrew Friedman
22. A16 Food and Wine by Nate Appleman and Shelly Lindgren
23. Jewish Home Cooking by Arthur Schwartz
24. Home Cooking with Charlie Trotter by Charlie Trotter
25. 660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Pincho Factory Opening in Hialeah Next Week: Locations in Brickell, Midtown Miami,...
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
Fri., Mar. 18, 8:00pm
Sat., Mar. 19, 8:00pm
Tue., Mar. 22, 8:00pm
- Food Halls Planned for Little Haiti, Wynwood, Downtown Miami
- Surfcomber's Social Club Brunch: Order the Doughnuts and Breakfast Sandwich