Michael Schwartz to Open the Cypress Room
The owner of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink and Harry's Pizzeria is planning a third restaurant in the Design District.
According to the Genuine Hospitality Group's blog, the Genuine Kitchen, the Cypress Room is set to open in early 2013. It will be an American tavern featuring "sophisticated food, service, and ambiance." Would we expect less from Schwartz?
- Best Restaurant 2012 Design District: Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- Michael Schwartz at Sea: A First Peek at Royal Caribbean's 150 Central Park
The tavern, which will occupy the former W Wine Bistro space at 3620 NE Second Ave., was first reported by Miami Power Rankings, which discovered that an LLC registered to Michael Schwartz was filed August 2.
and the Genuine Kitchen blog filled in the details yesterday, which are
few, including the tavern's name, concept, and the fact that
chef-owner Schwartz is banking on the continued growth of the area that's been so good to him. "As the
neighborhood moves full steam ahead with high-end retail development
plans, so are we, a few blocks southeast with an upscale, genuine
American tavern to complement Michael's fresh, simple and pure
farm-to-table approach at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink to the
north and casual joint Harry's Pizzeria to the west."
Schwartz will also open a restaurant at the Raleigh Hotel in Miami Beach and has created the menu for the 150 Central Park restaurant on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas.
Follow Laine Doss on Twitter @LaineDoss and Facebook.
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall