Michael Mina Lists His Five Favorite Restaurants in Miami
To say Michael Mina knows good food is an understatement. Last year, the Egyptian-born chef was named to the James Beard Foundation's Who's Who of Food and Beverage in America. He owns 20 restaurants across the nation, including the Michelin-starred Michael Mina in San Francisco. His empire encompasses two spots in Miami — Bourbon Steak in Aventura and Michael Mina 74 at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
When he travels here from California, he visits his favorite restaurants in town. Here are his top picks:
1. Scarpetta: "I like any of the pastas here. The duck and foie gras ravioli is outstanding."
2. Hiro's Yakko-San: "I always order the angel hair uni pasta with ikura [salmon roe]."
3. Lucali: "Their pizza is great, but the calzone is out of this world. It's a very charming place — with a Brooklyn vibe."
4. Joe's Stone Crab: "It's a classic spot. Get the stone crabs, of course!"
5. The Bazaar: "A great spot to see and be seen. I love ordering a bunch of new-school and old-school tapas."
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami Spice Deals Continue Through October
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Tequeñomania's Specialty Is Supreme
- Harry's Pizzeria Coconut Grove Opens Wednesday