March saw a lot of Miami openings, including some much anticipated restaurants.
Bagatelle and its infamous clublike brunch arrived in South Beach, and Arjun Waney's London-based Coya swung open its doors on Brickell. Less chichi, but still most welcome in the 305? GastroPod's outpost at Aventura Mall's food court and Boxelder, a craft beer destination in Wynwood.
SooWoo, which opened just three months ago, closed in early March. The restaurant opened on a high note, then quickly ran into problems when chef Joe Bonavita Jr. resigned during the Christmas season.
Restaurants on the horizon include Red Ginger in South Beach (by the people who brought us Radio Bar and Bodega, to name a few); Izzy's Fish & Oyster (a New England-style seafood restaurant by Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa), and Beachcraft (the much-anticipated but delayed restaurant by Tom Colicchio).
- Bonefish Grill (18713 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura)
- Coya (999 Brickell Ave, Miami)
- Flippin' Pizza (8975 SW 72nd Pl., Miami)
- Fooq's (1035 N. Miami Ave., Miami)
- GastroPod Aventura Mall
- Jucy Lu (2621 NW 2nd Ave., Miami)
Klima Restaurant & Bar
- Market at Momi (1040 S. Miami Ave., Brickell)
- Primrose at Stiles Hotel (1120 Collins Ave., Miami Beach)
Viva Mexico y Algo Mas
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- 9 Beach - Restaurant/lounge opening in South Beach.
- AC Hotel - Coming to Miami Beach.
- Apeiro Kitchen & Bar - Coming to Midtown.
- Bachour Bakery and Bistro - The master baker opens a bistro.
- Bake House - Opening in Miami Beach.
- Beachcraft - Tom Colicchio's new restaurant coming soon, along with Sandbox.
- Bikini Barista - coming to midtown.
- Byblos - Opening at the Royal Palm Miami.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Choices Cafe - Opening in Coconut Grove.
- Continental - Stephen Starr's retro Philadelphia restaurant coming to Miami.
- Crust - Pizza on Brickell by Klime Kovaceski.
- Della Bowls - Plant based fast casual.
- David's Cafe - Reopening on Alton Road
- Deck 16 - Opening at Hyatt Centric South Beach.
- Estefan Kitchen - Gloria and Emilio are at it again.
- Farinelli 1937 - Upscale pizza by the owners of Strada.
- Firito Taco - Opening on 79th St.
- Fornaro - Wood oven pizza opening in Coconut Grove.
- Freshii - Opening a second Miami location at International Mall.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Harry's Pizzeria - Chef Michael Schwartz to open location in Coconut Grove.
- Izzy's Fish & Oyster - Chef Jamie DeRosa plans a New England fish shack.
- Jimmy'z Kitchen - Opening in Brickell.
- Jugofresh - Opening at North Miami Beach.
- La Moderna - Opening in SoBe.
- Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen - From the My Ceviche team.
- Le Macaron - Opening at Dadeland and other locations.
- Lewellyn's Chicken & Biscuits - 50 Eggs doing fast casual chicken near UM.
- Lulu's Nitrogen Ice Cream - opening in Miami.
- The Lunchbox - Opening in Wynwood.
- Mandolin Agean Bistro - Opening a private dining spot at Soho Beach House.
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- My Ceviche - Coming to Midtown, MIA, and Coral Gables.
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- Naked Lunch - Chef Ralph Pagano opens a lunch spot.
- Nobu - Famed chef opens restaurant on Miami Beach.
- Itabe - Kevin Aoki and Roman Jones collaborate on a restaurant.
- Paraiso Bay will host a Michael Schwartz restaurant.
- Panther Coffee - Opening in Coconut Grove, MiMo, and Little Haiti.
- PB Station - The Pubbelly Boys open in Miami.
- Persona Pizzeria - California chain coming to Miami.
- Phuc Yea! - Popular pop-up opening in MiMo
- Pi Pizzeria - opening Pi'ami.
- Quinto La Huella - Uruguay's Parador La Huella coming to Miami.
- Paulie Gee's Brooklyn pizza coming to Upper Eastside.
- Pincho Factory - Opening another location in Hialeah.
- Red Ginger - Asian flair coming to South Beach.
- Revolution in Bloom - Vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
- Señor Frog's - the party comes to Miami.
- Soho Bay - Opening on Miami Beach.
- Sunny's Spike Mendelsohn opening a place in Miami Beach.
- Sweet Liberty Drink & Supply Company - Mixologist John Lermayer and partners to open a cocktail lounge.
- Talde - Dale Talde to open Asian-inspired cuisine at Thompson Miami Beach Hotel.
- Tantalize - Opening in SoBe.
- Tap 42 -Fort Lauderdale gastropub opening in Coral Gables.
- Tutto Il Giorno - Authentic Italian fare coming soon.
- Total Wine & More opening in South Beach.
- Which Wich - Opening several locations in Miami.
- Whole Foods Market - proposed mega store in Sunset Harbour
- Wynwood Diner - Classic diner and cocktails opening in Wynwood.
- Zest - Cindy Hutson opening a restaurant and fast-casual concept.
Projects in the Works
- Steve Martorano is closer to opening a Miami Beach location.
- Jugofresh's Matthew Sherman and Darren Laszlo plan to open new concept in Sunset Harbour.
- Chef Alex Stupak is shopping for a location in Miami for a taco restaurant.