Miami's Best Team Up For March Of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction
Chef Paula DeSilva hosts the March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction
Miami's culinary elite will come together Thursday evening, October 25, at the Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach for the 15th annual March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction.
The event, which begins at 6:30 p.m. with a special "meet the chefs" reception, sees chef chair Timon Balloo of Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill and host Paula DaSilva of 1500 Degrees welcome a veritable who's who of talented toques to the party, all presenting delicious food paired with fine vintage wines and champagnes.
Chefs participating in the event include Tim Andriola (Timo Restaurant & Bar); Conor Hanlon (The Dutch); Kris Wessel (Red Light, Little River & Florida Cookery); Todd Erickson (Haven); Julie Frans (Essensia); Cindy Hutson (Ortanique on the Mile); Aaron Taylor (STK Miami); E. Michael Reidt (Area 31); Patricio Sandoval (Mercadito Midtown); Jian Heng Loo (Hakkasan); Sean Breasel (Meat Market); Costas Spiliadis (Estiatorio Milos); Adrianne Calvo (Chef Adrianne's Vineyard); Andre Bienvenu (Joe's Stone Crab); Cesar Zapata (The Federal); Giorgio Rapicavoli (Eating House); and David Bracha (Oak Tavern).
The impressive roster brings together both established names in the industry and Miami's rising stars, all with one common goal -- to raise funds to improve the health of babied by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.
After you're sated with all that good food and wine, get your credit cards ready for the silent and live auctions, featuring dinner packages, travel and hotel stays, art, and fine wines. Our favorite items to go on the auction block include:
- A representative collection of some of the wines served at the event -- each signed by a participating chef.
- A day trip around Miami on a Ferretti yacht, followed by a private wine pairing dinner for 12 people at Area 31.
- A dinner party for 12 of your closest friends personally prepared by chef Timon Balloo -- at your home!
Tickets are $250 each and a limited number are still available and available directly through the March of Dimes .
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall